Just how to write letters, essays, reports, reviews, articles.
1. INFORMAL LETTERS
2. INFORMAL LETTER IN 7 STEPS 1. SALUTATION, (Comma & Hey!) 2. START A LETTER Thank when it comes to letter that is previous apologize for not writing before, 1 or 2 questions about family or friends. (1 short paragraph) — Informal letters to strangers: reasons why you are writing — 3. BODY Answer the info which you have been told, express your interest to understand more about the thing that was mentioned before. Make positive comments, respond 1 by 1 & use imagination. (2 paragraphs) 4. END YOUR LETTER with a few questions so that the receiver feels, motivated to reply. Give news, be emotional, plan a date, leave contact details (1 short pragraph ) 5. CLOSING LINE (1 line 10 – 15 words) 6. COMPLIMENTARY CLOSE (one or two words) You might use contractions or phrasal verbs ?
3. INFORMAL LETTER 1. Dear Martin, 2. TO BEGIN A LETTER • Thank you for the letter. It had been great to know from you. How’s your new baby? • thank you for your letter and sorry for not replying sooner. • Sorry We haven’t written for such a long time. I’ve been really busy lately. So that you bought a new house! How is it?
4. 6. COMPLIMENTARY CLOSE • Love, • plenty of love, • Cheers! Take it easy! • Best wishes, • all of the best, Marking Code: Capitalization, Organisation, Punctuation, Register/Formality, Sentence Structure, Spelling, Wrong form, Word order, Wrong tense, Wrong word, Word(s) missing, Omit word. INFORMAL LETTER 5. TO END A LETTER • Give my love to… • Ok, I’ve got to go now, so see you soon! • That’s about all. Do write soon and inform me that which you’ve been doing. • I look ahead to seeing you soon. Many thanks ahead of time for your help.
5. “Task letter”
6. 1. Hello Simon, 2. I’m glad you’re interested in my country. As your friend said, i want us to email one another to simply help me enhance your English. 3. i would ike to start with letting you know a little about myself and my family. My name’s Ivo and I are now living in Kutna Hora, that is about 45 minutes from Prague by car. I used to function for a company that is medical now I am learning how to be a salesperson. As time goes on I want a working job where I’m able to travel for might work. I’ve been already to a few places in Europe but I have never gone to an country that is english-speaking. I live acquainted with my parents, that will be convenient, when I need not do much housework and my meals are cooked in my situation. My younger brother is studying at university. Than me, we get on quite well although he is four years younger. We both enjoy music and snowboarding. 4. What about you? Perhaps you have gone to the Czech Republic? It would be great if you could come over 1 day and we also could fix a meeting up. The trend is to let me know your plans? 5. Anyway, i need to go to get on with my work! Getting excited about hearing away from you soon. 6. Best wishes, 7. Siore (180-190 words)
7. FORMAL LETTERS
8. FORMAL LETTER IN 7 STEPS 1. SALUTATION, To strangers: To whom it would likely concern, 2. START A LETTER State the Reason why you are writing. (1 short paragraph) 3. BODY Answer the knowledge that you have already been told. Give details about the presssing issue you will be currently talking about. Respond https://www.edubirdies.org/write-my-paper-for-me/ the job references 1 by 1 & use imagination. (2 paragraphs) 4. END YOUR LETTER by expressing what do you want to get as a result or answer. (Offer solutions, ask for something in return). Leave contact information (1 short pragraph ) 5. CLOSING LINE (look ahead to ______ing ….) 6. COMPLIMENTARY CLOSE (2 words) may very well not use contractions NOR phrasal verbs ?
9. FORMAL LETTER ORGANISING THE INFORMATION Firstly Secondly In addition Lastly / last but most certainly not least 5. TO END A LETTER I am looking forward to hearing from you soon. Don’t use contractions. Dear Sir/Madam, Dear Mr. / Mrs. Smith Yours faithfully Yours sincerely 6. COMPLIMENTARY CLOSE yours sincerely, yours faithfully,
10. 1. Dear Mr. Smith, 2. I am writing to apply for the positioning of . that I saw advertised in “The Guardian” newspaper. 3. I am 23 years of age as well as as soon as I am studying … at …. .Having studied English for more than seven years I am a speaker that is fluent of language. My qualifications also include Proficiency certificates in both French and German. So far as experience is worried, We have worked as . for . In terms of my personality, people let me know i will be . 4. I feel i might be suited to this working job because I. . This can give me the chance to ….. . I might also just like the opportunity to. 5. I look forward to hearing from you. 6. yours sincerely, 7. Siorella Gonzales
11. FCE ESSAY BEFORE YOU START think about a remedy to your Essay question! Plan your essay. (Brainstorm for 5-10 minutes) Manage some time. (Aprox. 40 minutes) ONCE YOU FINISH ensure you have expressed yourself clearly. Look at your writing for grammar & spelling mistakes. TIPS NO contractions, colloquial expressions or ‘chatty’ style. Use complex grammar structures and vocabulary that is sophisticated conditional sentences and all PRESENT,PAST, FUTURE tenses. Give your OPINION IN THE final end, NOT at the beginning.
12. The introduction should: • Start general and go til specific • be 3 to 4 sentences long. • have a sentence or 2 in regards to the topic in general. • have a sentence telling your reader whether the essay will once look at or both sides associated with the issue. • have a question/idea which you will answer in your essay. (Paragraph 4) the final outcome should: • Start with :: In closing” ,“In the end”, “To sum up” etc… • be 2 to 3 sentences long. • Include a summary of your main points. • have a reference towards the question that is originalmake an effort to rephrase it). • have your opinion: “I believe…” I think” “I reckon” • haven’t any new information.
13. STRUCTURING YOUR ESSAY Mathematics! • Most people write on 10-12 words per line. • You have to write an overall total of 190 words, so you should write on 18 lines in total. INTRODUCTION: (general thought) 3 lines (30-40 words) Paragraph 1/ Idea 1 4 lines (40 words) Paragraph 2 / Idea 2 4 lines (40 words) Paragraph 3 / Idea 3 4 lines (40 words) to conclude, 3 lines (30-40 words)
14. OUTLINE I. INTRODUCTION II. CONTRAST OF ARGUMENTS A. ADVANTAGES B. DISADVANTAGES (PROS AND CONS). C. GIVING OPINIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT THE TITLE. III. CONCLUSION
15. MEETING THE PROSPECTIVE
16. TASK 3: a. Write the draft that is first of essay in an item of paper. (10 min) b. Check your partner’s draft that is first.
17. ESSAY LINKS http://teacher.sch olastic.com/activiti es/writing/persuas iveflash/transition alwords.htm http://www.flo- joe.co.uk/fce/stud ents/writing/linkin g/ Example question In class you have been discussing technology. Now, your English teacher has asked you to write an essay. Write an essay using most of the notes and give grounds for your point of view. You must write your answer in 140-190 words in an style that is appropriate. Nowadays, technology is everywhere. Has technology made people’s lives better or worse? Notes Write about: 1.medical science 2.the internet 3.your idea that is own