Data on Violence Against API Ladies
- 21 – 55% of Asian ladies into the U.S. report experiencing intimate real and/or sexual violence during their life time, according to a compilation of disagregated examples of Asian ethnicities in regional communities. Facts & Stats Report (2015)
- 18% of Asian or Pacific Islander ladies reported experiencing rape, assault, and/or stalking by the intimate partner inside their life time in a nationwide study, when compared with 48% of United states Indians or Alaska indigenous women, 45% of Ebony females, 34% of Hispanic females, and 37percent of White women. CDC: 2010-2012 nationwide Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey (2017)
Graphic from AAPIdata.com. Information from Leung C & Cheung C. 2008. A prevalence research on partner punishment in six American that is asian ethnic in america. Global Personal Perform. 51(5): 635 – 649.
Domestic Violence-Related Homicide
- In a period that is six-year 160 instances in Asian families led to 226 fatalities, of which 72% had been adult homicide victims, 10% were child homicide victims, and 18% had been committing committing suicide fatalities.
- 68% of victims had been intimate lovers (current, estranged, or ex-partners), of which 111 were females and 14 had been males.
- 83% of homicide perpetrators were males, 14% had been ladies, 3% unknown.
- Kiddies had been the next biggest team of victims, and also the moms and dads of spouses and girlfriends had been the 3rd biggest team. Shattered Life (2010)
Graphic from AAPIdata.com. Information from Yoshioka MR, DiNoia J, & Ullah K. 2001. Attitudes toward marital violence: an assessment of four Asian communities. Violence Against Ladies. 7(8): 900 – 926.
Sexual Physical Physical Violence
- Of API females, 23% experienced some form of contact intimate physical violence, 10% skilled finished or tried rape, and 21% had non-contact undesirable intimate experiences in their life time. CDC: 2010-2012 NISVS Summary Report (2017)
- 56% of Filipinas and 64% of Indian and Pakistani ladies had skilled intimate physical violence by a romantic in a research of 143 domestic violence survivors. Intimate Partner Violence and Help-Seeking (2011)
- 8% of API females experienced stalking in their life time CDC: 2010-2012 NISVS Overview Report (2017)
- 68% of Filipinas and 50% of Indian and Pakistani abused females reported being stalked by an Partner Violence and Help-Seeking (2011)
Children’s Experience Of Family Violence
- 70% of Cambodians, 61% of Chinese, 80% of Koreans, 79% of South Asians, and 72% of Vietnamese women and men reported being hit frequently as kiddies. ATASK: Asian Family Violence Report (2000)
- 28% of Cambodians, 18% of Chinese, 30% of Koreans, 8% of Southern Asians, and 27% of Vietnamese witnessed their dads regularly hit their moms. ATASK: Asian Family Violence Report (2000)
- In analysis 160 Asian homicide instances, 22 kids had been killed. Associated with 63 child that is non-fatal for who information ended up being available, 60 had been either on website if the homicides happened, survived an attempted homicide, had been attention or ear witnesses up to a maternal homicide, or discovered the figures. Shattered Life (2010)
- Associated with 3,116 trafficking survivors with specified ethnicities whom reached away to Polaris operated hotlines in 2016, 23% (715) were Asian. Polaris Venture: 2016 Statistics
Attitudes towards Violence
- Of 607 Asian respondents, the most effective explanations for why household physical violence takes place had been that the spouse wishes energy, domination, and control (72 reacted because of this) and that he could be frustrated/has anger (67 reacted in this manner). Overall, family members physical physical violence is overwhelmingly regarded while the personal issue of the spouse.
- 22% of Cambodians, 18% of Chinese, 29% of Korean, 5% of South Asian, and 9% moldova mail order brides of Vietnamese people stated that the girl that is being mistreated should perhaps maybe not inform anybody concerning the punishment. ATASK: Asian Family Violence Report (2000)
Graphic from AAPIdata.com. Information from Yoshioka MR, DiNoia J, & Ullah K. 2001. Attitudes toward marital physical violence: a study of four Asian communities. Violence Against Ladies. 7(8): 900 – 926.
Resources on Violence against API Females
Domestic and intimate physical violence in Filipino Communities, 2018
A compilation of data on domestic physical physical physical violence, intimate violence, stalking, and help-seeking in Filipino communities.
Data on Gender-Based Violence in Asian and Pacific Islander Communities, 2017
This factsheet compiles data on domestic physical physical physical violence, intimate physical physical violence, domestic violence associated homicide, stalking, children’s experience of family members violence, and individual trafficking in Asian and Pacific Islander communities.
Ethnic-Specific Factsheets on Domestic Violence
Ethnic-specific compilations of statistics on domestic physical physical physical violence, intimate violence, stalking, and help-seeking in Asian communities within the U.S.
AAPI Data, an accumulation infographics and factsheets on AAPIs